Applied Materials, Inc., including its subsidiaries (“Applied Materials”), respects the privacy of our online visitors. This policy describes our procedures for collecting, using and disclosing information we collect from you when you visit www.xiangbei.icu and other Applied Materials Websites accessible globally through this site (collectively, “Website”).
Information We Collect
We collect information from and about our Website users, both directly when you provide it and automatically while you visit the Website, as follows:
- Personal Information You Provide. “Personal information” is information that can be used to specifically identify or contact you, such as your name, email or physical address, and telephone number. We do not automatically collect personal information, although we may request, or provide an opportunity to submit, such information in connection with an online feature or service. For instance, we may ask customers, suppliers and job applicants for information necessary to verify your eligibility to use a Website service and to facilitate dealings or transactions. While you are under no obligation to provide us with personal information, you should understand that we will not be able to process your communications with us or render certain services that we offer online without this information.
- Information Collected Automatically. As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we collect certain information that is automatically recorded from your computer, smartphone or other electronic device (“device”) you use to visit the site. The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information. It may include information about your equipment and browsing actions, such as your device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser type, web pages viewed immediately before and after visiting our Website, information you search for on our Website, and other technical data that helps us improve our site and deliver better service. We use browser “cookies” to collect information, which are very small data files transferred to your device when you direct your browser to our Website. These include “session cookies” that operate only while you are visiting our Website and then are deleted, which enable certain Website features and help us understand how visitors interact with the Website. We may also use “persistent cookies” that stay on your device between browsing sessions for a period of time and enable our Website to remember you when you return.
How We Use Information
- Use of Personal Information (for Job Applicant Data, please see section B(2) below). We use the personal information you submit on the Website to carry out your requests, respond to your inquiries, or otherwise serve you in ways naturally associated with the circumstances under which you provided the information. We do not use your personal information for Applied Materials’ marketing purposes unless you affirmatively agree or opt-in to such usage. Marketing may include sending you communications about our products and services or other communications targeted to your interests. If you do not wish us to use your email address or other contact information for our direct marketing purposes, do not select the opt-in option (if any) in the online form on which we collect your data. If you initially opt-in but change your mind, you can opt-out by: (i) replying to a promotional email we have sent and indicating your preference to unsubscribe; or (ii) sending us an email stating your request to Privacy_Issues@amat.com. Further details regarding use of personal information provided through our Website Career page are described immediately below.
- Use of Job Applicant Data. Applied Materials will only use personal information provided by job applicants through the Career page of our Website for: (i) recruitment purposes in the United States or other countries where we operate; (ii) other employment-related purposes (such as the administration of benefits) in the event you are offered a job or become employed by Applied Materials; and (iii) reporting purposes as required by law. Your information may be shared with third parties acting on Applied Materials’ behalf who are under contract to treat the information confidentially and in accordance with our data privacy protections. For Website users outside the United States, note that information you provide may be stored in our international resume database located in the United States for so long as allowed by law. Your information may be viewable by us or third parties acting on our behalf at locations outside the United States, including countries that may not protect data privacy to the same extent as your country of residence. By submitting your application and related information, you are consenting to our use, export, sharing and retention of your information as described in this policy. Applied will not be able to process your job application or other requests if it cannot collect, process or use your personal information as described above. You should not provide any personal information to Applied if you disagree with the above statement regarding our collection, processing or use of the information.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Business Transfers. If Applied Materials is involved in a merger, acquisition, business combination, reorganization or other transfer of some or all of the company’s business, your information may be transferred to the buyer or other successor to Applied Materials.
- Non-Personal Information. We may disclose aggregated information about our Website users, and information that does not identify a particular person, at our discretion.
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13. If you are under 13, do not provide any personal information on our Website or use any of the interactive or public comment features.
California Notice Provisions
Applied Materials will not share your personal information with any third party for that party’s marketing purposes. Applied Materials honors "do-not-track" technology, which enables you to signal your preference concerning the automatic collection of your information.
Links to Third Party Sites
Applied Materials has implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss or unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we use industry-standard efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of the information transmitted through our Website.
Accessing and Updating Your Information
You can access and change personal information provided to us as described below. We generally will respond to access requests within 30 days after receipt.
- Job Applicant Information. To inquire about, review, obtain a copy of or modify an application or other information submitted for employment purposes, you should resubmit the revised information through the Career page of our Website. If you wish to have your employment-related information removed from our system, please send an email to Privacy_Issues@amat.com and include your name, email address and phone number as submitted with your application (note, however, that we may retain certain information for regulatory purposes).
- Other Personal Information. To access and have personal information you have provided through the Website (other than the Career page) updated or removed, please email your request to Privacy_Issues@amat.com.
Effective Date of Policy; Changes
How to Contact Us